Monday, May 3, 2010

WeHo News: Jai Rodriguez Interview


By: Joshua Miller

Jai Rodriguez is best known as the culture guide on the Bravo network's Emmy-winning American reality television program Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. He has also co-authored the New York Times best selling book, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: The Fab Five's Guide to Looking Better, Cooking Better, Dressing Better, Behaving Better, and Living Better . (That’s a mouth-full) We have seen Jai on Broadway, MTV, Court TV, The Animal Planet… omg do I have to go on!? He is everywhere! Most recently Jai was also featured in our iconic goddess, Lady Gaga’s Music Video for “Telephone”

This Puerto Rican/ Italian hunk has taken our hearts by storm and we love every moment of it! He sings, dances, acts and is just plain gorgeous! Jai, please sing us a lullaby as we lay our heads to sleep! We are waiting!

We got a chance to talk to Jai about the past, present and future… Check It Out!

Everyone saw you in Lady Gaga’s most recent Music Video for "Telephone" Did you get to work with her? If so, how was the experience? The video was shot out in the desert and was very fast paced. I played a reporter and we quickly moved from one scene to another so I didn't get to work directly with Lady Gaga, but we all did our part to make an amazing final product.

What/ Who inspired you to become an Entertainer? I wish I could say a person inspired me, but to be honest my mom was kind of against me becoming an entertainer. I think the ability to express myself through performing was what kept me interested and going in that direction.
What is your favorite hangout/ club in West Hollywood? Why? I would say BBQ Baby Blues in weho! They have the BEST wings (my favorite snack) and 3-dollar drinks from 1-7pm. I am there a lot at happy hour!

Read the Full Interview on WeHo News HERE

No comments: